Senior Firmware Engineer - Metering
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Flexible Benefits Package
Do you want to be part of an established global organisation which is poised for change; a company which has embraced the vision to delight their customers, whilst out-performing their competitors, and to engage their employees; a business which is passionate about its history, has innovation within its DNA, produces advanced technology solutions and is focussed on being a world class player and Employer of Choice? If the answer is ‘yes’, then we want you to look no further and apply for this exciting new role.
As business partners, Kendall Poole Consulting, are proud to represent this company in their search for a Senior Firmware Engineer in Metering. This global organisation has a creative approach to developing cutting edge solutions which has helped move the industry forward providing positive outcomes ultimately for consumers and society.
Reporting to the Firmware Lead, this role is responsible for the design, development, modification and debug software for embedded devices. Working within a multi-cultural domestic and off shore team you will develop and maintain high quality firmware for communication products.
- Actively contribute to the creation of a fast paced, high performing team with strong collaboration and continuous improvement of process, code execution and feature development
- Translate marketing/customer requirements into well designed software solutions
- Write performance critical code in a resource limited environment
- Produce code that demonstrates clear thinking, is robust, reliable, and easy to maintain
- Analyse a complex code base and be able to amend and if needed refactor it
- Maintain a strong awareness of emerging trends in software engineering and software project management, sharing new opportunities to improve with colleagues
- Ensure that new systems are clearly and appropriately documented, and that documentation of existing systems is kept current
- Ensure quality, customer focussed solutions are achieved and maintained with ongoing testing and test automation
- Provide a point of expertise for E-residential firmware capabilities and integration with other business lines and 3rd parties
- Degree or HND qualified in a Computer Science, IT/Science/Technology or Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of metering functionality and standards especially SMETS-2, SMETS-1 and DLMS
- Experience of developing software for high volume manufacturing and the development of embedded products within a technology and customer focused environment
- Detailed expertise of ‘C’ (and ideally C++) programming for real time embedded products, ideally for long life, durable products
- Knowledge of ‘OO’ concepts, with experience in applying it to C++ programming
- Experience of programming under an RTOS - an appreciation of its impact on the code, and the ability to debug in a multi-threaded environment
- Detailed experience of using automation tools to fully automate the build, deployment and management of configurations, writing scripts to remove manual intervention and ensure repeatability
- Knowledge of using source control tools as applied to aggressive continuous integration
- Expertise in debugging using an in-circuit emulator
- The ability to debug down to assembler level if necessary
- Well-honed influencing skills, being persuasive and having supervised a team and led a project to completion
- A team player with proven experience of working in teams which are in-house, multi-cultural and virtual and can prioritise workloads to achieve quality, customer- focussed solutions delivered on time
- Be able to take the lead, yet nurture aspiring team members
- An effective delegator you will have a positive attitude, be communicative, open and engender a team spirit
- A problem solver you will be analytical, data rational with an eye for detail yet being able to see the bigger picture
- A detailed working knowledge of Zigbee would be advantageous however, extensive product training will be given
Should you want to join this organisation at an exciting time, be part of a new era where technology is the real focus and where employees are supported in a team based culture, then apply by sending your CV by email to Helen Regan, Account Manager, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference HR-SFEE-2390 to the following email address: email@example.com or contact on 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 2-3 weeks.