Senior Software Test Engineer - Metering
SALARY: £45,000-£55,000 + Bonus + Flexible Benefits Package
Do you want to be part of an established global organisation which is poised for change; a company which has embraced the vision to delight their customers, whilst out-performing their competitors, and to engage their employees; a business which is passionate about its history, has innovation within its DNA, produces advanced technology solutions and is focussed on being a world class player and Employer of Choice? If the answer is ‘yes’, then we want you to look no further and apply for this exciting new role.
As business partners, Kendall Poole Consulting, are proud to represent this company in their search for a Senior Software Test Engineer in Metering. This global organisation has a creative approach to developing cutting edge solutions which has helped move the industry forward providing positive outcomes ultimately for consumers and society.
Reporting to the R&D Leader, this role is responsible for performing complex testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling and testing to assure that developed products meet design specifications, and are within the quality management standards.
- Expert in specifying and selecting the right test cases, to minimise risk of failure in the released product and assure the product meets customer expectations
- Provide technical leadership for team and mentoring/coaching for software test engineers and developers
- Support development to find and release corrections
- Translate customer requirements, functional specifications and standards into well designed, effective and efficient test solutions
- Specify test procedures and test cases based on functional specifications, lessons learned, use cases and usability
- Set up test automation environment
- Design test cases to have test automation capabilities for regression testing where applicable, and identify best practices
- Support development in debugging and correction testing
- Report product status, risks and observations to project management
- Support development and service in debugging and correction testing (3rd level support)
- Coach/mentor junior engineers in the development of skills and attributes necessary to become an engineer
- Ability to visit external customer sites to co-ordinate integration test activities
- HND or above in a relevant discipline in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Software, Design or IT
- Experience within metering and meter application, communication technologies within metering (PLC, UMTS, GPRS)
- Highly experienced / expert in software development, design and testing of software towards specifications within R&D projects using test management systems
- Knowledge of test tools (LabView, Test Stand), Programming languages C, C++, Python, Agile/SCRUM, Security/ Cryptographic Algorithms would be desirable
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to prioritise workloads to achieve quality, customer- focussed solutions delivered on time
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams which are self-organising and can manage work to achieve quality, customer-focused solutions delivered in a timely manner
- Be able to take the lead, yet nurture aspiring team members
- An effective delegator you will have a positive attitude, be communicative, open and engender a team spirit
- A problem solver you will analytical, data rational with an eye for detail yet being able to see the bigger picture
Should you want to join this organisation at an exciting time, be part of a new era where technology is the real focus and where employees are supported in a team based culture, then apply by sending your CV by email to Helen Regan, Account Manager, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference HR-SSTE-2393 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact on 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 2-3 weeks.