March 10, 2023
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
Kendall Poole Consulting are proud to represent a designer and manufacturer of innovative high quality security products in the water industry. Our clients’ products are regulated via LPCB and they have a rigorous approach to health and safety with a commitment to maintaining the highest possible standard for their customers.
Reporting to the Head of R&D & Technical on a day-to-day basis and the Managing Director overall, we are looking for a talented and driven Design Engineer (Solidworks) to join a highly skilled R&D department and support daily activities and project-based workload.
- You will be responsible for creating comprehensive Solidworks data and design packs for manufacturing using 2D and 3D software packages, providing technical advice to all other departments of the business, and liaising with clients, suppliers, and industry partners
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all current and future, Company HR, Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies & ensure general housekeeping is carried out to maintain a clean, tidy and organised section
- Working on single projects and as part of a team supporting all R&D department activities, you will produce drawings for new products/orders, share knowledge with internal technical, design, manufacturing, and commercial teams, and generate detailed design packs for submission both internally and externally
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements needed with Design, initial costing projections, production engineering (both manufacturing support and constant process improvement) within the life cycle of a product
- Educated to HNC or above within a mechanical or process engineering discipline
- Experience in a fabrication / welding environment within the Engineering / Manufacturing industry
- Proficient in working with 3D Solidworks or other relevant 3D packages (Solidedge, ProE) to produce innovative and creative design work
- A willingness to take ownership of the tasks and responsibilities given to this position, with the drive and flexibility to look ahead and plan accordingly
- You should be well-organised with good communication skills and the ability to work within the R&D team to promote a positive working environment
- Experience within a customer facing role within security or a similarly regulated industry, electrical design desirable
- An openness to appreciate, work alongside and understand all other departments and the Company as a whole
- Computer literate with good numeracy skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity, email your full CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GPL/2586 FAO Gary Larner at ASP Search & Selection Group / Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.