Salary: £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are representing a highly successful UK Company, part of a Global Group, which sells a range of market leading automated and manual bespoke products, to a number of sectors, offering installation and aftercare services. With expertise in the door and window controls industry they have an extensive product range, backed by comprehensive project management skills, whilst offering full technical support for the supply only or supply and installation of automatic doors.
An opportunity has arisen for a Fleet Manager to support the team in coordinating, sourcing and managing all vehicles within the company. Based at the Lichfield site but may be required to travel to other regional offices if necessary.
- Having one direct report you will be responsible for the co-ordination of preventative and reactive maintenance of all company vehicles
- Sourcing and management of hire vehicles and liaising with suppliers and internal colleagues
- Co-ordination of all aspects of vehicle accident management including insurances and repairs
- Congestion charging administration, driving licence monitoring and management of traffic violations
- Maintenance of vehicle management system (tracker)
- Assisting with local vehicle deliveries and collections and inspection of vehicles
- Tenders for new vehicles and vehicle renewals, de-fleet of end of lease vehicles
- Management of M.I.D (Motor Insurance Declarations) database, maintain record keeping accurately and efficiently
- Manage and monitor expenditure working with external suppliers to review fleet procurement
- Meet compliance responsibilities in respect of legal obligations and driver safety
- Analyse data to identify risk, expenditure and areas of improvement
- Development of Fleet management procedures and policies
- Devise, develop and deliver relevant training, instruction and guidance policies for fleet users and drivers and monitor driver conduct and vehicle roadworthiness
- Devise, develop and lead on audits on fleet compliance, occupational road risk and Health & Safety
- Ensure all drivers comply with the appropriate traffic legislation, driving hours regulations and the road traffic act 1988/1991 advising and supporting line managers
- Establish/maintain key relationships with fleet vendors (bulk fuel providers, parts vendors, contract mechanics, leasing companies, etc.)
- Manage the filing and compliance of all corporate fleet documents including but not limited to registrations, insurance, driver logs, inspections, maintenance.
- Track all fleet costs and report/advise on trends and solutions. Maintenance, repair, fuel, leasing, etc.
- Analyse trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services
- Interview, identify, and qualify potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services. Work with Operations and Finance to approve vendors as needed
- Monitor vendor, service provider, outsourcer, and/or contractor performance to ensure quality of service
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors
- Ideally with a Diploma or Degree in Purchasing, Procurement, and/or Supply Chain Management, ICFM qualified or working towards and having Health & Safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH/IOSH
- Experience in a hands-on Fleet Management role having supervisory experience, and with a valid drivers’ licence
- Strong influencing and negotiating/contract management abilityand able to demonstrate excellent planning, organisational and administration skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication, time management, interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment caused by multiple deadlines
- Ability to build trusting relationships and work independently without direction or guidance
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and ability to learn new software as required
To apply in confidence, send your CV to Isobel Riley, Resourcing Executive, at email@example.com quoting the reference IMR/2540. Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.