HEAD OF QUALITY
LOCATION: Hertfordshire with UK travel
SALARY: 6 figure package including excellent Salary + Bonus + Car Allowance + Flexible Benefits Package
Do you want to be part of an established organisation which is poised for change; a company which has embraced the vision to delight their customers, whilst out-performing their competitors, and to engage their employees; a business which is passionate about its history, designs advanced solutions in their market sector and is focussed on being a world class manufacturer, installer and Employer of Choice? If the answer is yes, then we want you to look no further and apply for this exciting role.
Kendall Poole Consulting are proud to represent a well-known manufacturing and installation Group in their search for a Head of Quality. This client has a creative approach to developing residential and commercial solutions which has helped move the industry forward providing positive outcomes ultimately for consumers and society.
Reporting to the CEO this role and remit is aligned to the future vision and you will join a multi-disciplinary senior management team, supporting the development of the next generation products through a period of organisational change. As an Agent of Change, you will influence the strategy, lead and coordinate the Quality and Operational Excellence activities along the value chain across multiple manufacturing sites and branches.
- Leading both reactive and preventative performance improvement you will assess process maturity across facilities and drive process improvements and harmonisation
- Strengthen process ownership and best practice sharing across multiple sites
- Foster continuous improvement mind-set using DMAIC methodology
- Improve the transparency and the communication within the organisation as well as improving suppliers/sub-contractors/branches’ Quality Performance
- Develop a flexible mind-set to facilitate the necessary changes
- Dedication to solve all current quality issues and to share learnings
- Improve project execution and quality by supporting all the aligned functions by introducing and teaching appropriate tools with the goal to improve product quality and reduce time to market
- High achiever academically within an Engineering or Scientific related discipline, with associated professional qualifications in Quality (Audit), you will be Six Sigma qualified, ideally Black Belt trained within a world class Lean and CI focussed environment
- Proven leadership experience, managing a Quality Function within the Manufacturing/Engineering sector within a technically diverse, process orientated multi-site Group
- Ideally you have experience of working within a bespoke environment operating superior measurement specifications and have ensured partners, suppliers, sub-contract manufacturers and installers are synchronised and compliant
- Having previously implemented, monitored and controlled all quality systems, including Quality (ISO9001), Environmental (ISO14001) and Health & Safety standards (BS7799, BS15000, 18001), you will deploy the extensive use of Advanced Quality Methods (FMEA, 5S, LEAN, SPC, Value Chain Management) supporting zero defect initiatives
- A tenacious character who challenges the ‘status quo’ and can manage upwards as well as downwards, you will continuously strive for improvements in ways of working, processes and approaches to problem solving using such techniques as 8D or 5Whys
- An Agent of Change, you will create a culture of excellence, possess well-honed influencing skills with the ability to devise and deliver business process improvements recommending effective solutions to enhance quality and efficiency
- You will be a creative and innovative leader with excellent communication and information sharing skills upholding the values of collaboration and delivering to the customer
- A decision maker with an analytical, strategic, project management mind-set possessing a positive, engaging and charismatic, driven personality and robust character
- Adopting a right first-time mentality, you will uphold the values of world class methodologies, embrace lean and ultimately enjoy promoting a team-based culture where people are happy and engaged
- Having a true customer focus, you must have excellent presentation skills, learning agility with the ability to accept responsibility
Should you want to make a difference and be part of a progressive company apply in confidence for this exciting position by emailing your CV to Alison Poole CIPD, Managing Director, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference ASP-2470-HOQ to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 1 week.
The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018 represents the biggest shake-up to Data Protection law in twenty years. Your privacy is important to us at Kendall Poole, and we are committed to protecting your Personal Data.
Please refer to our Privacy Notice on the Kendall Poole Consulting website for further details. Or if you have any queries on how we use your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to get in contact and we will be happy to help.