HEAD OF QUALITY
LOCATION: Manchester, North West
SALARY: 6 figure package including excellent Salary + Bonus + Car Allowance + Flexible Benefits Package
Do you want to be part of an established global organisation which is poised for change; a company which has embraced the vision to delight their customers, whilst out-performing their competitors, and to engage their employees; a business which is passionate about its history, has innovation within its DNA, produces advanced technology solutions and is focussed on being a world class player and Employer of Choice? If the answer is yes, then we want you to look no further and apply for this exciting role.
As business partners, Kendall Poole Consulting, are proud to represent an international, innovative, engineering solutions group in their search for a Head of Quality. This global organisation has a creative approach to developing cutting edge solutions which has helped move the industry forward providing positive outcomes ultimately for consumers and society.
Reporting to the VP for Operations, this role and remit is aligned to the future vision and you will join a multi-disciplinary senior management team, supporting the development of the next generation products through a period of organisational change. As an Agent of Change, you will influence the strategy, lead and coordinate the Quality and Operational Excellence activities along the value chain across multiple sites.
- Leading both reactive and preventative performance improvement you will assess process maturity across facilities and drive process improvements and harmonization
- Strengthen process ownership and best practice sharing across multiple sites
- Foster continuous improvement mind-set using DMAIC methodology
- Improve the transparency and the communication within the organisation as well as improving suppliers/sub-contractors’ Quality Performance
- Develop a flexible mind-set to facilitate the necessary changes
- Dedication to solve all current quality issues and to share learnings
- Improve project execution and quality by supporting R&D with dedicated Project Quality Engineers (PQEs) by introducing and teaching appropriate tools with the goal to improve product quality and reduce time to market
- High achiever academically within an Engineering or Scientific related discipline, with associated professional qualifications in Quality (Audit), you will be Six Sigma qualified, Black Belt trained within a world class Lean and CI focussed environment
- Proven leadership experience, managing a Quality Function within the Manufacturing/Engineering sector within a technically diverse, process orientated multi-site Group
- Ideally you have experience of working within consumer electronics or safety critical devices, at volume, with superior measurement specifications and have ensured partners, suppliers and sub contract manufacturers are synchronized and compliant
- Having previously implemented, monitored and controlled all quality systems (including Quality (ISO9001), Environmental (ISO14001) and Health & Safety standards (BS7799, BS15000, 18001), you will deploy the extensive use of Advanced Quality Methods (FMEA, 5S, LEAN, SPC, Value Chain Management) supporting zero defect initiatives
- A tenacious character who challenges the ‘status quo’ and can manage upwards as well as downwards, you will continuously strive for improvements in ways of working, processes and approaches to problem solving
- An Agent of Change, you will create a culture of excellence, possess well-honed influencing skills with the ability to devise and deliver business process improvements recommending effective solutions to enhance quality and efficiency
- You will be a creative and innovative leader with excellent communication and information sharing skills upholding the values of collaboration and delivering to the customer
- A decision maker with an analytical, strategic, project management mind-set possessing a positive, engaging and charismatic, driven personality and robust character
- Adopting a right first time mentality, you will uphold the values of world class methodologies, embrace lean and ultimately enjoy promoting a team based culture where people are happy and engaged
- Having a true customer focus, you must have excellent presentation skills, learning agility; have the ability to accept responsibility, ensure quality, and truly understand the importance of being a leader
Should you want to make a difference and be part of a progressive company apply in confidence for this exciting position by emailing your CV to Alison Poole CIPD, Managing Director, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference ASP/HQ/2408 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.