INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Based: Dorset/Field with global travel
Salary: c£60k - £70k (Neg) + Bonus + Car Allowance + Pension
A vacancy now exists for a Business Development Manager for a market leading global group, a hi-tech designer and manufacturer supplying high precision dicing machinery, air bearing spindles and sub-contract machining manufacturing services, offering sub-micron capability, for multiple markets supplying the semi-conductor industry sector, electronics, telecoms to name a few.
As part of the Senior Management Team, reporting into the Managing Director, with one direct report in Sales Administration, the primary purpose of this role is to grow the component sales globally, research and develop marketing opportunities, within the niche sector of rotating equipment, further developing existing customer relationships and winning new business.
- New Business Development for air bearing spindles – component products for multiple applications
- Developing the sales strategy and implementing plans to develop new opportunities and markets
- Research and develop sales and marketing opportunities globally targeting new customers and developing key accounts through solution sales
- You will identify market trends and suggest system improvements to achieve the company's revenue goals
- Work closely with technical and engineering teams to define and create the product development road map with due regard to budget and resource constraints – being the voice of the customer
- Maintain relationships with existing customers by making regular visits, understanding their requirements and anticipating new sales opportunities to gain ‘more share of the wallet’
- Leading a small internal sales team to meet company objectives
Education & Experience:
- Ideally educated to HND/Graduate level in a Business or Technical discipline or qualified by experience displaying a technical aptitude
- New Business Development experience with a background in selling technical products, you may be a Sales Engineer ready for the next level or a successful Sales & Marketing Manager ready for a new challenge
- Experience of selling components such as rotating equipment, air bearing spindles or a similar technical product to a global market, as would knowledge of the semi-conductor industry and / or electronics industry would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Component sales experience through multiple channels, export knowledge
- Excellent new business development skills, ‘Hunter Mentality’ and ‘Farmer’ skillset, able to adapt effectively in commercial situations
- Customer focussed, able to deliver end to end solutions B2B
- Sales strategy and planning experience, operating within both domestic and export markets
- Astute negotiator and influencer able to deliver higher margins and improve pricing models
- Strong relationship building skills in a global organisation with an appreciation of cultural nuances
- Bringing new products to market, with an understanding of rapid NPI processes, Service and/or Aftermarket
- Excellent communicator able to define customer needs and convey company objectives
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate and numerate with excellent analytical and reporting skills
International travel is a requirement. In return you will be offered an excellent salary, bonus, car allowance, DIS and Pension and the opportunity to develop your career in a global organisation which is poised for further growth.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, email your CV to our retained consultants FAO Isobel Riley, email@example.com quoting reference IMR/2577. Successful candidates will be contacted within three weeks.