Key Account Manager South West
Based: Home based
Salary: c£40,000 + Car or Car Allowance + Bonus + Healthcare + Life Assurance + Pension
Kendall Poole Consulting is currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager to cover the South West for a Midlands based client and market leader in their field of designing and manufacturing energy efficient heating systems.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for new business development, sales, and customer service for the company’s product range and services within the South West area, providing input as necessary to the future development of both the area and Company.
In addition to growing existing strategic accounts, particular emphasis will be placed upon developing new business, utilising available intelligence, building relationships with consulting engineers, ensuring that the business is suitably positioned to be able to influence the specification decision making process, with regard to new build and refurbishment projects.
- In conjunction with the UK Sales Manager, develop realistic sales budgets and strategic targets for the South West area
- Develop a sales plan and call pattern for the area, to achieve business growth within the existing customer base and to develop new business opportunities by working with consultants, contractors and end users, to positively influence the specification process, in order to achieve agreed targets
- To manage all business activity via the company’s CRM system, ensuring that all required fields within the system are regularly and accurately updated
- Conduct factory/premises surveys within the territory. Prepare designs for clients and liaise with the office design department when drawings are required
- Ensure that all recommendations made to prospective clients are accurate and properly presented
- Prepare formal quotations when required and liaise with office administration staff with regard to this function
- Acquaint oneself with a comprehensive knowledge of the Company's competitors and their products
- Prepare a brief monthly report for submission to the Management Team via the UK Sales Manager covering all relevant information on the area
- Ensure all proactive work agreed in the Company's marketing plan is undertaken and liaise with the UK Sales Manager on progress
- Demonstrable experience of a ‘Hunter’ approach to sales management
- Technical acumen, dealing with the equipment specification process, with demonstrable experience of technical sales
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing Account Management Plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers – maintaining an effective One Team approach
- Willingness and capability to embrace change and be open to new ways of working
- Able to offer constructive feedback and guidance to colleagues and leaders within the business
- A driven personality to take ownership of issues and work with colleagues and customers to reach solutions
To apply for this exciting opportunity email your CV to email@example.com, FAO Helen Regan, Account Manager, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference HR-KAMW-2430 or contact me on 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Successful candidates will be contacted within three weeks.