Based: South West/M4 Corridor
Salary: c£30,000-35,000 + Benefits
Our client is a designer and manufacturer of high quality, reliable and performance driven systems, providing expert solutions and personal support for clients in the built environment, through local knowledge combined with international representation.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, the role of the Process Engineer is to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacture of world class systems. The successful candidate will be a critical team member developing new methods of manufacture working closely with the Engineering and Production teams to influence the design for manufacture on existing products and NPI. Liaising with staff and suppliers to ensure all engineering projects are programmed and managed through to completion, the role will be critical for achieving the next phase of the company’s growth plans. As part of the Continuous Improvement team, the Process Engineer will:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling and materials
- Develop or enhance manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout using appropriate Lean Techniques and Tools
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and manufacturing processes
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour and material costs; reviewing production schedules, estimating future requirements
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians
- Educated to HNC/HND/Degree level within an engineering discipline you will demonstrate technical expertise in industrial/manufacturing/production or process engineering
- Experience in implementing lean improvements within a multi-disciplined production and assembly environment you will have exceptional knowledge of Kaizen, Flow, 6’S, Process Mapping, RCCR, SMED, Standard Operation Sheets, TPM & Visual Management. 6 Sigma is desirable.
- Project experience you will be able to plan, organise and prioritise your work program introducing and documenting new methods of operating
- Able to work under pressure you will be a problem solver, analytical able to make sound decisions based on rationale
- Having a proactive and influencing style, you will possess strong communication skills, demonstrate a collaborative and inclusive approach with a customer focus
- You will have a right first time mentality and be an effective team-player
To apply for this exciting opportunity email your CV to email@example.com, FAO Helen Regan, Account Manager, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference HR-PE-2434 or contact me on 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Successful candidates will be contacted within three weeks.