Based Knowsley, near Liverpool
Our client is a global group, they manufacture fluid power systems to a global customer base and have an urgent requirement for a Production Planner to provide the interface between customer enquiry and demand and manufacturing ensuring high levels of communication and customer focus.
- Reporting to the Production Control and Planning Manager.
- Responsible for interpreting the customer demand and effectively communicating it to manufacturing / engineering ensuring all materials are secure in line with specifications and lead times.
- Working with manufacturing, engineering and external sales to develop material costing for current and potential opportunities.
- You will provide prompt and accurate feedback regarding customer orders.
- Maintain the Access orders database and any specific customer portals.
- You will load the BOM through Sage SOP system, driving and then interpreting the MRP messages, progress all PO's and issue pick lists as appropriate.
- You will also provide feedback on shortages and potential issues ensuring all contractual paperwork is completed and sent to the customer.
- A contractor ready to start an immediate assignment as a Production Planner.
- You will have strong customer service experience gained in a manufacturing environment operating an MRP system.
- You will have demand planning and scheduling experience in a technical environment operating within the Supply Chain function.
- Have experience with MRP systems, planning engineering products, placing and negotiating purchase orders.
- Ideally you will hold an engineering or business qualification and have experience of working with Sage would be a benefit.
- Whilst engineered products experience is not essential, you will have a technical and analytical mindset and be able to liaise with external teams to accurately accept and acknowledge new customer orders.
- Supply Chain experience within a business which has reduced lead times to world class measures is essential as is operating through various supplier portals to manage demands.
This role is urgent and will suit either a contractor or a candidate searching for a full-time permanent role and is available immediately.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to Isobel Riley at email@example.com at Kendall Poole Consulting quoting the reference IMR/2514.