(Contract role or Permanent)
Based Knowsley, near Liverpool
Our client is a global group, they manufacture fluid power systems to a global customer base and have an urgent requirement for a Production Planner to provide the interface between customer enquiry, demand and manufacturing ensuring high levels of communication and customer focus.
- To provide the interface between agreed key customers from enquiry to despatch and the business ensuring high levels of communication and customer focus.
- Working with the customer to provide forecasts of demand against all known product ranges you will be responsible for interpreting the customer demand and effectively communicating it to manufacturing / engineering ensuring all materials are secure in line with specifications and lead time.
- Working with engineering and external sales to develop material costing for current and potential opportunities, you will also provide prompt and accurate feedback regarding customer orders, maintaining the Access orders database and any specific customer portals.
- By accurately accepting and acknowledging new customer orders for systems and products, you will load the BOM through Sage, driving and then interpreting the MRP messages.
- You will progress all PO's and issue pick lists as appropriate providing feedback on shortages and potential issues.
- You will be of graduate calibre having experience of working in a manufacturing environment with MRP systems, ideally planning engineering products, placing and negotiating purchase orders.
- Experience with Sage would be a benefit, and you will be very customer focussed, having to liaise directly with the customers ensuring all aspects of demand and planning.
- You will have an outgoing and positive personality being able to deal with customer issues in a calm manner.
- You may already be a contractor, ready to start an immediate assignment as a Production Planner, with very good customer service experience.
This role is urgent and will suit either a contractor or a candidate searching for a full-time permanent role and is available immediately.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to Isobel Riley at email@example.com at Kendall Poole Consulting quoting the reference IMR/2515.