QUALITY, SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER
SALARY: Excellent Salary + Bonus + HC + IPM + Pension
Do you want to be part of a truly global business, a niche, market leading established organisation which is poised for growth? If the answer is yes, then we want you to look no further and apply for this exciting role.
Kendall Poole Consulting are proud to represent a division of an international manufacturing group in their search for a Quality Manager with responsibility for Safety, Health & Environment. This client is innovative in their NPI process, they design, assemble, test and supply safety critical, electro-mechanical products for hazardous areas into multiple markets and customers worldwide. The role is aligned to the future vision and you will join a multi-disciplinary management team, supporting the development of the next generation products through a period of growth.
You will influence the strategy, lead and coordinate the QSH&E activities along the value chain across facilities within the division. Reporting to the MD you will partner with and support the SMT across Europe liaising with suppliers, channel partners, distributors, customers and regulatory authorities.
- Invigorate, lead and coordinate QSHE, both reactive and preventative performance improvement, ensuring the products and services are ‘fit for purpose’ and meet all required external/internal requirements including legal compliance and ultimately customer expectations
- Implement, monitor and control all quality systems, ISO 9001:2015, Safety & Health standards ISO 45001, BS 18001 and Environmental ISO 14001 and continuously improve the QMS
- Assess process maturity, drive process improvements and harmonization; you will strengthen process ownership and best practice sharing across sites
- Take the lead on all audits and report outcomes
- Improve the transparency and the communication within the organisation as well as improving suppliers/sub-contractors quality performance
- Dedication to solve all current quality issues, share learnings and demonstrate to others the importance of a flexible mind-set to facilitate the necessary changes
- Improve project execution and quality by supporting R&D by introducing and teaching appropriate tools with the goal to improve product quality and reduce time to market
- Ideally, lead and monitor the export compliance process
- Develop and successfully implement Quality objectives to increase revenue and contain cost through continuous improvement
- Enforce awareness for risk management and assessment, change management and problem solving methodologies (8D, 5Why, Ishikawa)
- Complaint and crisis management for all related internal and external failures, deviations and non-conformities
- Manage, implement and facilitate all Regulatory Approvals
- Provide QM support for the European Safety Business – quarterly visits to the Safety Business in Europe to conduct internal audits, supplier audits, share best practice and support any quality issues arising
- Assist and/or deliver QSHE related training
- HND or above in an Engineering or Scientific related discipline with professional qualifications in Quality, Audit, IQA, IOSH, NEBOSH
- Proven functional experience in Quality Management within a business known for rigour and compliance within a world class manufacturing/engineering organisation which is technically diverse, process orientated with multi-site facilities
- An understanding of electro-mechanical products is desirable including design, assembly and test processes
- Having previously implemented, monitored and controlled systems including Quality (ISO9001:2015), Environmental (ISO14001) and Health & Safety standards (ISO 45001 BS18001), you will deploy the extensive use of Advanced Quality Methods (FMEA, APQP, PPAP) including CI knowledge (5S, LEAN, SPC, Value Chain Management) supporting zero defect initiatives
- An invigorating and engaging character who challenges the ‘status quo’, you will continuously strive for improvements in ways of working, processes and approaches to problem solving using such techniques as 8D or 5Whys
- An agent of change, you will create a culture of excellence, possess well-honed influencing skills with the ability to devise and deliver business process improvements recommending effective solutions to enhance quality and efficiency
- With excellent communication and information sharing skills upholding the values of collaboration and delivering to the customer, you will have an analytical, data rational, project management mind-set
- Adopting a right first-time mentality, you will promote a team-based culture where people are happy and engaged
- Having a true customer focus, you must have excellent presentation skills, learning agility with the ability to accept responsibility
- Sophisticated IT skills
- Flexible to travel when required
Should you want to make a difference and be part of a progressive company apply to the retained consultancy by emailing your CV to Alison Poole at Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference QSHE2491 firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.
The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018 represents the biggest shake-up to Data Protection law in twenty years. Your privacy is important to us at Kendall Poole, and we are committed to protecting your Personal Data.
Please refer to our Privacy Notice on the Kendall Poole Consulting website for further details. Or if you have any queries on how we use your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to get in contact and we will be happy to help.