Global Manufacturing Company
Based: Ratingen / Germany
Salary: Excellent + Benefits
Our client is a global manufacturer of technical products and machines employed in substrate hole drilling, producing mechanical and laser drilling machines for a worldwide market. Supporting a sizeable portfolio of customers, the role of the Service Engineer is to provide technical support to the Laser Drilling Machines supplied including installation, servicing, maintenance, application and spare parts sales. The role of Service Engineer will encompass the delivery of each of these services that they offer and will involve a high level of travel and remote working.
- To provide technical after sales service for Laser Drilling Machines following up on all technical problems in Europe
- Installation of new Laser Drilling Machines and their maintenance
- Resolving customer requirements promptly, providing immediate and effective support in the event of issues/breakdowns
- Effectively manage your diary to effectively coordinate customer visits to promptly resolve requirements, technical issues and support customers via phone, email and face to face visits
- Maintain a servicing schedule of customer Laser Drilling Machines and ensure periodic maintenance is carried out
- Maintenance of machine database and managing the maintenance schedule for Laser Drilling Machines based on customer requirement and machine specifications
- Deputise in the management of spare parts service in case of absence of the Senior Engineer
- Organise and schedule your own business trips including booking of planes, hotels, cars etc
- An Engineer, ideally with a technical qualification, having operated in Service & Maintenance of CNC controlled machines and sales support
- Problem solver able to support customers remotely as well as on site
- Technical and optical knowledge is desirable
- Experience in customer account management with commercial acumen able to deliver after sales service
- Initially being office based for training you will be prepared for frequent travel across Europe able to work remotely with 60% travel
- Must be flexible in their approach to work and visiting clients, prepared to travel at short notice
- Must be based locally within a suitable commutable distance to Dusseldorf
- Clean and valid driver’s license and access to own transport
- Right to work in the EU (Germany) with fluency in German and English
- This fantastic opportunity would suit an individual who are prepared to train and develop in order to progress to Head Engineer in the future
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment.
To apply for this exciting role, email your CV and current salary to our retained consultancy Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd, FAO Alison Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ASP/2600. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks.