SALARY: £60,000-£70,000 + Bonus + Flexible Benefits Package
Do you want to be part of an established global organisation which is poised for change; a company which has embraced the vision to delight their customers, whilst out-performing their competitors, and to engage their employees; a business which is passionate about its history, has innovation within its DNA, produces advanced technology solutions and is focussed on being a world class player and Employer of Choice? If the answer is ‘yes’, then we want you to look no further and apply for this exciting new role.
As business partners, Kendall Poole Consulting, are proud to represent an international, innovative, engineering solutions group in their search for a Technical Architect. This global organisation has a creative approach to developing cutting edge solutions which has helped move the industry forward providing positive outcomes ultimately for consumers and society.
Reporting to the Head of R&D, this role is responsible for the architecture and definition of technical solutions for devices or systems.
- Guiding the technical development of major software projects to meet performance and targets on firmware
- Applying technical expertise in the development of major complex products and software tools
- Inventing new techniques or advances the state-of-the-art in complex developments with substantial technical risks
- Extending technical knowledge to introduce new approaches into software design and coding techniques
- Taking responsibility for the architecture on Security, DLMS and Zigbee concepts/protocols
- Steering the development team to ensure they understand the concepts of the architecture
- Involved in new HW architecture design to propose views on FW aspects
- Giving solutions for problems found in external/ joint integration testing’s (SIT, UEPT, JIT)
- Understanding the market requirements and converting them into technical specifications/user stories providing a technical vision to the development team
- Preparing detailed plans of developments and managing the backlog items
- Educated to Degree level in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering/IT/Technical discipline, you must be able to understand and create technical documentation
- A detailed working knowledge of Zigbee would be highly desirable
- You must be able to communicate eloquently within internal technical meetings ensuring non-technical teams understand the issues
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’ attitude you will be able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently displaying confidence with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Well-honed influencing skills, being persuasive and having led a project to completion
- A team player with proven experience of steering multi-skilled development teams which are in-house, multi-cultural and virtual and operating within a culture of change
- Able to take the lead to deliver on time and in full, yet nurture aspiring team members
- An effective delegator you will be a natural communicator, open and honest
- A problem solver you will be analytical, data rational with an eye for detail yet being able to see the bigger picture
Should you want to join this organisation at an exciting time, be part of a new era where technology is the real focus and where employees are supported in a team based culture, then apply by sending your CV by email to Helen Regan, Account Manager, Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd quoting reference HR-TA2394 to the following email address: email@example.com or contact on 01564 333322 for a confidential discussion. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 2-3 weeks.