ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE FITTER
LOCATION: Brownhills, Nr Walsall SALARY: c£39,127 + 30% Shift Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Reporting into the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, with a dotted line to the Senior Works Engineer, the role is to create electrical maintenance cover, respond to breakdowns to maintain the plant downtime to a minimum.
- You will support the Daily/Weekly/Monthly-inspections and preventative maintenance
- Respond to breakdowns and do all you can to get the problem fixed effectively and report the breakdowns to your line manager to enhance future maintenance schedules
- Report parts used from stock to maintain good stores stock levels
- Assist in the analysis of breakdowns, suggest and implement corrective actions
- Help with the Installation of equipment where needed
- As the company believes in personal development you will be asked to occasionally assist in the training of apprentices
- Work a reasonable amount of overtime over standard hours in the week should circumstances demand it and support any call outs if required
Kendall Poole Consulting is proud to represent a well-known state of the art manufacturing group based in Brownhills near Walsall. The company supplies UK overseas customers with high-quality metal components made to a high tolerance. They undertake the design and virtual analysis and can produce prototypes and prototype items to order using complete production processes and produce serial quantities of fully machined finished items and sub-assemblies. All the facilities are certified to TS16949, ISO9001 and ISO14001 and they constantly invest in human resources and capital equipment, including advanced robotic systems.
- You will be qualified to City & Guilds part 3 or ONC/HNC or be a Time Served Apprentice having operated in the manufacturing sector
- Have a good competency with Single Phase Wiring/3 Phase, fault finding, replacing or repairing wiring, switch boxes, conduits, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Be able to maintain, repair and install switchgear, transformers and regulators
- You will have experience with 3 Phase motors, Start/Star Delta Induction to be able to install and repair and troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- You will be able to work to 18th Edition Wiring Standards
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings and have an understanding of PLC switchgear
- Have the ability to use a lathe, milling machine, hand tools etc.
- A forklift truck/access equipment training would be a nice bonus to have, but not a necessity
- Ideally flexibility to work shift patterns both days and nights over a 16-week cycle
Salary and Benefits Package
- Salary up to £39,127pa + 30% shift allowance for days and nights
- Productivity bonus – fluctuates depending on the volume of work produced
- Membership Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Membership in Life Assurance and Income Protection schemes
Email your CV to Gary Larner at Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd - email@example.com quoting the reference CST to apply for this exciting opportunity. Suitable candidates will be contacted within three weeks.